Plating Dessert - Lee Eunji
It includes all of chef Eunji Lee's signature recipes!
It includes all of chef Eunji Lee's signature recipes, which everyone was curious about, including "Baby Banana," loved by people around the world on SNS, "New York-Seoul," reflecting her identity as a Korean French New Yorker, and "Giwa," expressing the beauty of Korea. From various flavors and textures that can be savored on one plate, harmony between ingredients, warm with cold, to plating techniques that convey the desserts: You can observe and sense the different components of the plated desserts individually or as one harmonious menu. Hope you can experience the dozens of recipes in 10 plated desserts and the harmony of these various components throughout the book.
This book contains detailed recipes and attentive process photos, as well as the story of the menu's creation, the episodes involved in the menu, the selection of the ingredients, and the meaning behind the design of the plating. You can also discover how the chef's thoughts and philosophy are embodied in the desserts and how they are served to customers. From the time she went to study in France at the age of 18 until opening her own store in New York today, this book contains Chef Eunji Lee's precious record of walking a slightly different path toward her dream for 16 years, will be a delightful book for students dreaming of becoming pastry chefs, industry workers, and Eunji Lee's fans.
ABOUT EUNJI LEE
To fulfill her dream of becoming a patissier, she went to study in France at the age of eighteen. After completing the Boulangerie course at INBP and the Pasisssrie course at Ecole Ferrandi, she gained various experiences in pastry shops and restaurants in France and New York. She became the first non-European to be the runner-up in season 4 of the popular French TV show , solidifying her position as a pastry chef. Since then, she was selected as a ‘Rising Star’ by the magazine with ‘Baby Banana,’ which she introduced at Jungsik in New York, won the Art of Presentation award, an opportunity to publicize the name ‘Eunji Lee’ by receiving attention from people around the world on SNS. Currently, she is busy as the owner-chef of the pastry boutique ‘LYSEE’ in New York.
This book is not only about the recipes and techniques for ‘Plating Dessert’ that I have been contemplating while making but also contains valuable records about the path I have walked towards my dream since I was in school, from dreaming of becoming a pastry chef to opening my own shop LYSEE, in New York. Unlike the books that only have recipes, one of the reasons I wanted to include my personal stories was because I personally received a lot of messages from students who dream of becoming pastry chefs and those who want to change their careers as chefs. So I am hoping this book can offer some help for them. I left for France at the age of 18, where I honed my skills and gained experience for 10 years, and went through a lot of ups and downs, from starting a new life in New York to opening my current shop and publishing this book with my recipes and stories. It’s been 16 years since I set foot in the dessert industry, and I am thrilled and thankful. There have been so many different episodes, and so many things took place. But I believe the reason I was able to come this far was because of my passion and love for my job as a pâtissier, my will for my dream, the good people who were by my side, and the support of my family and friends. As this is the first meaningful book, I would like to express my gratitude and respect to these people through this book. My desserts, which are made using Korean or seasonal ingredients and using various cooking methods, are very similar to my identity as a Korean French New Yorker. I hope you enjoy the desserts that harmoniously blend the three cultures. And I hope that this book will be a message of dreams, hope, and encouragement to all who dream of becoming a pastry chef. - July 2022, Author Lee Eunji -
- Bilingual (English & Korean)
- Lee Eunji
- 192 pages
- Published in
INTRODUCTION - Patissier, LEE EUNJI
PLATING DESSERT RECIPE
- Omija: Yuja Salad, Lemon Basil Sorbet, Omija Juice
- Sujeonggwa-Pear Tart: Tart & Almond Cream, Honey Cream, Sugar-free Pear Compote, Western Pear & Korean Pear, Pear Sorbet, Sujeonggwa
- Raspberry Vacherin: Lemon Creme Fraiche, Raspberry, Sable Mix, Pepper Mousse Cake, Raspberry Sorbet, Raspberry Meringue, Raspberry Juice
- Apple Tatin: Lapsang Souchong Caramel, Spicy Cream, Maple Feuilletage, Caramel Apple Tatin, Coconut Sorbet
- Baby Banana: Chocolate Hazelnut Crumble, Coffee Ice Cream, Banana Mousse Cake
- Lotus Flower: Sable Breton, Kalamansi Cream, Mandarin Compote, Segmented Fruits, Orange & Lemon & Kumquat Confit, Steeped Kumquat, Finger Lime, Blood Orange Sorbet, Lotus Flower Meringue
- New York-Seoul: Pate a Choux with Brown Crumble, Candied Pecans, Roasted Brown Rice Vanilla Cream, Pecan Praline, Corn Crumble, Roasted Brown Rice Caramel, Pecan Tuiles, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Giwa: Brownie, Buckwheat Chocolate Crunch, Giwa Chocolate, Buckwheat Chocolate Cremeux, Pepper Caramel, Smoked Vanilla Ice Cream, Buckwheat Tuile, Buckwheat Soy Milk Sauce
- Yuja Yakgwa: Yuja Sable, Yuja Garnish
- Bloom: Cherry Marshmallow
Shipping with UPS Express worldwide
Free shipping in Spain from €100