Molecular Gastronomy: Scientific Cuisine Demystified by Jose Sanchez
Aims to clarify and explain the fascinating world of molecular gastronomy.
Molecular Gastronomy: Scientific Cuisine Demystified aims to clarify and explain the fascinating world of molecular gastronomy. It offers the reader crucial knowledge of key ingredients and provides fundamental step-by-step techniques for application. It provides a foundation for experimenting with and, most importantly, understanding new and exciting ingredients and cooking techniques.
- Start at any level: Beginners and professionals both will find relevant information that will fit personal need with ease of applicability.
- Recipes, photos, and demonstrations: recipes are dramatically illustrated and thoroughly explained. The book highlights food hydrocolloids’ potential by demonstrating the ability to recognize their basic applications, while also laying the groundwork for other infinite possibilities.
- Provides learning tools for each reader:
- Instructors will find the theoretical and applicable components of the book to be a great curricula source for lectures on molecular gastronomy and modern cuisine.
- Current and Future Chefs will appreciate the simple approach taken to explain a very detailed subject.
- Serious Home Chefs can use this book to eliminate the mysticism and fear of these common food hydrocolloids.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 Modern Cooking Evolution and Its Pioneers and Practitioners
Modern History of Molecular Gastronomy
Pioneers and Practitioners
Chapter 2 Sanitation and Safety
Safety Measures for Modern Cooking Applications and Techniques
Chapter 3 Equipment and Tool Identification
Safe Handling and Sanitation Concerns
Chapter 4 Introduction to Hydrocolloids: New Frontier
Introduction to Food Hydrocolloids
Description of Food Hydrocolloids
Formulating and Measuring Food Hydrocolloids in Recipes
Food Hydrocolloid Functionality Reference
Chapter 5 Food Hydrocolloids: Thickeners, Gelling Agents, Emulsifiers, and Stabilizers
Functions of Additives: New Food Hydrocolloids
Chapter 6 Sweeteners, Antioxidants, and Others
Chapter 7 Overview of Techniques
Essence and Flavor Extraction
Foam, Air, Bubble: Gas in Water
Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
Vacuum and Low-Temperature Cooking
Chapter 8 Small Treats, Hot and Cold
Chapter 9 Surprises
Chapter 10 Composed Dishes
Chapter 11 Sweets
Weight Conversion Chart
Measurement Conversion of Commonly Used Ingredients
Length Conversion Chart
Temperature Conversion Chart
Bibliography and Further Reading
About the Author
- 22.35 x 2.03 x 27.94 cm
- Jose Sanchez
- 320 pages
- 1.1 kg
Shipping with UPS Express worldwide