Frozen Desserts - Francisco Migoya
A comprehensive knowledge of frozen dessert production.
It is essential for any serious pastry chef to have a comprehensive knowledge of frozen dessert production, and this book provides all the basic information a pastry professional needs.
Introductory chapters include:
- The history and evolution of frozen desserts.
- Ingredients including dairy products, sugars, stabilizers, emulsifiers, fruits, and flavors.
- Equipment including churning machines, production equipment, and storage and serving containers. Also included are essentials on storage, sanitation, and production and serving techniques.
Recipe chapters cover:
- Dairy-based frozen desserts, which include ice cream, gelato, and sherbet
- Non-Dairy Desserts, which include sorbet and granites
- Aerated Still-Frozen Desserts, which include parfaits, semi-freddos, and frozen mousses and souffles. Each recipe chapter covers both classic and modern small-batch production techniques, basic formulas, and both basic and advanced base recipes.
The final chapter, Finished Items, makes use of these base recipes and shows readers how to produce, plate, garnish, and serve small desserts, plated desserts, frozen cakes, and even frozen accompaniments to savory courses. Recipes are illustrated throughout by full-color beauty photographs. An instructor's manual and companion website are also available for classroom use.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: A Brief History of Frozen Desserts
Chapter 2: Ingredients
Chapter 3: Equipment, Machines, and Tools
Chapter 4: Dairy-Based Frozen Desserts
Chapter 5: Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts
Chapter 6: Aerated Still-Frozen Desserts
Chapter 7: Finished Items
Chapter 8: Base Recipes
Average Sugar, Solids, and Acid Content of Fruit
Seasonal Availability of Fruit
- 21.84 x 3.3 x 28.19 cm
- Francisco Migoya
- 448 pages
- 1.7 kg
Shipping with UPS Express worldwide