Oh là là! - Yohan Ferrant
A practical guide to creative bakery and viennoiserie 🥖🍞🥐
Oh Là Là! delves into the key ingredients and processes of the bread trade, so that any professional can design a range of first-class breads and pastries full of personality. This book also includes recipes and step-by-step instructions for 45 products, as well as essential tips and reflections.
Master baker Yohan Ferrant has been accumulating knowledge and experience with dough since he was 13 years old. Not only has he worked in prestigious bread workshops in different parts of France, but he has also worked in an English gastronomic restaurant as well as for the Lord Mayor of London. In addition to obtaining great results in international championships, since 2016 Ferrant has held the position of director of the Baking School Barcelona Sabadell, a center which has welcomed some of the most outstanding bread professionals pass.
Throughout its 334 pages, this book by Yohan Ferrant published by Books For Chefs has been structured with the intention of making reading as easy as possible. It consists of five major sections that draw a precise map with which to enjoy a profession which is as complex as fascinating.
- The first addresses from a practical perspective everything you need to know about the ingredients involved in bread making. It answers key questions such as what to consider when choosing a flour, the role of salt, or how to start a sourdough.
- The second section introduces the reader to the processes involved in bread making, from kneading to baking, passing through phases such as forming, resting and cutting – always with advice and practical information. After this theoretical introduction, the bread recipes begin, with more than 24 different references. These recipes are divided into four sections: commercial breads, breads with added nutritional value, special and terroir breads, and artistic breads.
- The third section analyzes in depth how to make a panettone, whether classic or chocolaty. This section even includes the collaboration of Italian master baker Ezio Marinato.
- The fourth section focuses on a fundamental enriched dough such as brioche, analyzing the key points to achieve a good result and translating this dough into different shapes.
- Finally, the book delves into the world of puff pastry doughs and their enormous creative potential. Yohan Ferrant gives all kinds of tips for making classics such as croissants and pain aux raisins, as well as other signature creations such as the raspberry and yuzu flower or the lemon and orange nest.
- 23.5 x 28 cm
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Yohan Ferrant
- 334 pages
- Published in
- 2.1 kg
Abdullah B. published the 26/08/2023 following an order made on 15/08/2023
Bogdan Andrei B. published the 09/12/2022 following an order made on 04/12/2022
Most have it!
Sylwia R. published the 03/12/2022 following an order made on 27/11/2022
Vincent G. published the 08/10/2022 following an order made on 05/10/2022
Great book, great explanations. Nice pictures
1. AN OVERVIEW OF INGREDIENTS: Regarding wheat and flour, water, salt, yeasts, pre-ferments and sourdough
2. BREAD: Base temperature, kneading, rest periods of the dough, ball forming, scoring and baking
- Baguette de tradition
- Baguette poolish
- Barra de cuarto
- Seed and cereal Pavé
- My campagne
Breads with added nutritional value
- Pain du mondial
- Gigantón rye bread
- Spelt t80
- Buckwheat seeds
- Buckwheat flour
Terroir and special breads
- Florencio aurora
- Rouge de bourdeaux
- Senatore capelli ciabatta
- Couronne bordelaise
- Bread 7
- Classic panetton
- Three-chocolate and blueberry panettone
- High braid
5. PUFF PASTRY DOUGH
- Crescent-shaped croissant
- David Bedu-style two-color croissant
- Pain au chocolat
- Pain aux raisins
- Flan parisien
- Lemon and orange nest
- Gianduja Cruffin
- Raspberry delight
- Strawberry and yuzu flower
- Love drop
- Galette des rois
Shipping with UPS Express worldwide