Adapt - Richard Hawke
FREE ONLINE MINI-COURSE DEMONSTRATING THE VEGAN PAVLOVA TECHNIQUE AND SIGNED
Adapt book by Richard Hawke with more than 200 gluten, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan recipes
ADAPT by Richard Hawke
A book in which pastry science, amazing flavours and textures meet in uniquely developed and beautifully presented recipes in 4 options: Gluten, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free & Vegan.
In a fast-changing world, to ADAPT is a key skill to acquire. New dietary requirements demand new ingredients, new concepts and techniques.
This book describes how to use these concepts to adapt pastry recipes.
ABOUT THE BOOK
- Theory section. Ingredient understanding: A whole Theory Section of the book being dedicated to Ingredient Understanding. Instead of just containing recipes, Richard explains how each ingredient works, and therefore how to successfully substitute in a basic recipe, starting with classic ingredients used in pastry, like gelatin, eggs, butter, to plant-based options like different types of pectins, proteins, etc. You want to make a shortbread without lactose? Replace gelatin or butter in vegan recipes? Or replace gluten in shortbreads and choux pastry? Perhaps macarons without egg whites? There is no shortage of advice. Richard explains the why and how of ingredients and their interactions.
- Base recipe section. Over 200 basic recipes: This section of the book guides you through over 200 base recipes presented in 4 different options. You will have gluten, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan versions of shortbreads, sponges, choux pastry, creams, fruit-coulis, mousses, glazes and enrobing, making it easy to translate your most used recipes into versions adapted to each food intolerance.
- New, comparative recipe design: The new concept of recipe presentation with a comparative layout, helps you understand the differences between gluten, gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan options. Ingredients being presented both in percentages (%) and grams help you to better understand and adapt recipes easier.
- Inspiration. Signature creations: The final section of the book – recipe inspiration is dedicated to Richard’s beautiful signature creations presented in a simple, elegant style, aiming to inspire you to create unique desserts using basic recipes.
Franco-Australian Pastry Chef with international professional background, specialised in Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free and Vegan Pastry.
“This book is elegant, avantgarde, simple and well structured, will mark a “before and after” in the history of pastry. These methods will set a new path for many pastry chefs to follow in the coming years. Enjoy the generosity and excellence Richard offers us right now, because in a few years we will realise how this book has revolutionised pastry techniques and thinking.”
Toni Rodriguez, Vegan Pastry Specialist
- 21.6 x 27.7 x 2.1 cm
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Richard Hawke
- 220 pages
- Published in
Ali K. published the 01/01/2023 following an order made on 25/12/2022
AKIL N. published the 21/10/2022 following an order made on 13/10/2022
Une bible de technique et connaissance pour pâtisser végétale. C est devenu mon livre de chevet.un indispensable dans sa bibliothèque.merci et bravo
David H. published the 11/10/2022 following an order made on 23/09/2022
Corina G. published the 05/10/2022 following an order made on 03/10/2022
THEORY: Ingredient understanding
1. BASICS: Gluten-free flour mixture, Vegan whites, Swiss meringue, Gelatin mass, Tartaric acid solution, Almond marzipan, Pralines, Gianduja, Candied citrus zest.
2. SPONGE: Soft almond sponge, Almond "pain de gènes" sponge, Pain d'Eugene praline sponge, Joconde sponge, Choux pastry sponge, Chocolate choux pastry sponge, Brownie, Chocolate sponge, Banana cake, Almond cream, Macarons.
3. SHORTBREAD: Almond shortbread, Cocoa almond shortbread, Brittany shortbread, Brittany shortbread cocoa, Crumble, Choux crunch.
4. CHOUX PASTRY
5. CRUNCH: Chocolate reconstituted shortbread, Praline crunch.
6. FRUIT COULIS
7. CREAMS: Water based chocolate cream, Fruit cream, Praline cream, Nut based cream, Soft caramel.
8. GANACHE AERIENNE: Chocolate ganache aerienne with cream, Chocolate ganache aerienne.
9.MOUSSE: Chocolate mousse, egg white based, Chocolate mousse, Fruit mousse, Praline mousse, Nut mousse, Dairy mousse, Tahini mousse.
10. GLAZE/ENROBING: Neutral glaze, Cocoa glaze, Fruit glaze, Couverture enrobing, Chocolate spray mixture.
INSTRUCTION MANUAL: Concept inspiration
INSPIRATION: Recipes to inspire
INFORMATION: Chocolate, Fruits, Flavour pairing, Equipment: material, Partnerships and Bibliography.
Shipping with UPS Express worldwide
Free shipping in Spain from €100