True Bread - Ebook
Compendium of Spanish, French and Italian specialties executed with solvency and explained as it is, with no gimmicks or catches
A professional guide to breads and enriched doughs
Quality bread –alongside its appropriate starter and proofing time– is the real protagonist of this book, whose main objective is to help understand the different aspects to bear in mind regarding the selection of flours, the ferments, the kneading, forming and baking processes of bread, as well as to detail, in a clear way, how to prepare a large number of specialties.
A varied, exhaustive catalog
The book is divided into a very extensive introduction in which the main ingredients of bread are studied and another part devoted to the basic preparation stages, particularly focusing on the different types of sourdough starters and natural leavening agents. The chapter on breads is the most ambitious, and displays a large number of step-by-step preparations which range from classic breads, such as Galician bread, baguette or peasant’s bread, to those which belong to a new generation of particularly healthy ones, such as organic, spelt, tritordeum or Kamut bread. Italian specialties play a special role in this book, and are a reflection of the experience which the author himself gained in that country. Focaccia, ciabatta Bolognese, pane all’oglio and even panettone are fully explained in the pages of this book, with step-by-step photographs which will surely help reveal their own essence.
Enriched doughs, such as those of croissant, ensaïmada or brioche, complete the wide range of recipes, altogether making up more than 40 different creations (25 bread and 15 enriched dough recipes). The book also contains a didactic section devoted to the preparation of bread without professional equipment. Finally, the book is complemented by a group of videos which will help understand in detail the forming, scoring and marking techniques which characterize each dough contained in it.
Features & contents
- 25 different breads.
- 15 enriched doughs.
- Color photographs of all the breads, with different finishings and step-by-step explanations.
- Working with organic doughs and especial flours (Tritordeum, spelt, Triticum Turgidum Khorasan).
- Classic specialties such as Galician bread, ciabatta, coca de forner, peasant’s bread, pane all’oglio, Vienna bread, focaccia and panettone.
- Culinary variations such as cheese bread, onion bread, walnut bread, orange and chocolate bread, ‘kissing buns’, croissant shells with béchamel sauce, tuna and piquillo pepper, ginger and spelt cookies, etc.
- Making bread without professional equipment.
- Videos showing how to form, score and cut the different breads.
- online (PDF)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Joaquín Llarás
- 172 pages
- Published in
Claudiu N. published the 27/10/2021 following an order made on 12/10/2021
Verry good book
Anonymous customer published the 25/07/2021 following an order made on 22/07/2021
Great book, with lots of important detail!
Shipping with UPS Express worldwide
Free shipping in Spain from €100